Daily Business Review: 2019 Professional Excellence Awards – Distinguished Leaders, Abbey Kaplan (May 2019)
By Kluger Kaplan May 21, 2019
- Title: Founding Member
- Experience: Kluger Kaplan
- What is the one word people use to describe you? Honorable.
- What is your favorite thing about being in the legal profession? Solving problems.
- What could you do without in the legal profession? Lack of civility.
- What is your No. 1 survival tip in a work crisis? Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- What do you think you are better at than others? Finding common ground.
- What advice do you have for aspiring legal professionals? The harder you work, the luckier you will be.
- What has been the most significant change in the legal profession in the past 10 years? Electronic discovery.
- Knowing what you know now, what would you tell your young self when you were graduating? Be grateful and patient.
- What are you most proud of achieving in your career? The respect of my colleagues and the reputation of my law firm.
- What’s your idea of an idyllic retirement, and are you going to pursue it? Continued involvement with the legal profession in some fashion and spending quality time with my family and friends. No question that I will pursue it!