Preeminent Litigation Firm Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine Expands Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice
By Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine, P.L. October 22, 2023
Attorneys will be mediators and arbitrators stemming from business, real estate, family, employment, and intellectual property disputes.
MIAMI – October 22, 2023 – Fueled by a substantial uptick in litigation that continues to strain Florida’s courts, one of the state’s preeminent litigation law firms – Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine P.L. (KKSKL) – is expanding its focus on helping colleagues resolve disputes outside of court. Beginning this fall, the Firm’s alternative dispute resolution (ADR) practice will comprise of existing KKSKL attorneys who have collectively handled hundreds of mediations and arbitrations across a range of practice areas, including complex business disputes, real estate matters, family law, employment law, and intellectual property litigation.
Led by firm shareholder Abbey Kaplan, one of Florida’s leading litigators with a career spanning 48-plus years handling complex business litigation, the formal launch of the Firm’s ADR practice comes as more litigants look to bypass an increasingly backlogged court system by engaging in pre-suit as well as court-ordered mediations.
“While litigation will always be the focal point of our Firm, the process of taking a case to trial can be lengthy, costly, and unpredictable,” explains Kaplan. “Given the high volume of casework flowing through the judiciary, alternative dispute resolution is often a more efficient path to bringing closure to a matter. Kluger Kaplan lawyers have counseled clients in hundreds of mediations and arbitrations over the years, and now we’re harnessing our collective experience to serve businesses and families looking to streamline their legal disputes outside of court.”
The Firm’s ADR team includes five KKSKL attorneys with a combined 150-plus years of experience both litigating and mediating on behalf of clients across range of sectors, including:
- Judge Ronald Dresnick: After nearly two decades of presiding over some of South Florida’s most complex, notorious and precedent-setting cases, Eleventh Judicial Circuit Judge Ronald C. Dresnick joined Kluger Kaplan to focus on trial work including complex commercial and probate litigation, white-collar defense, securities litigation and internal investigations. Additionally, he provides law firms litigation support with jury selection, motion and trial analysis.
- Abbey Kaplan: Abbey Kaplan is a seasoned trial lawyer known for taking on complex cases and crafting creative strategies for tackling the most complicated legal issues in commercial litigation and business tort cases. A Founding Member of Kluger Kaplan, Abbey has extensive experience handling partnership and corporate breakups, real estate development disputes including banking and broker controversies, professional liability disputes, corporate finance issues, contract disputes and intellectual property issues.
- Diane Katzen: A highly accomplished litigator with over three decades of experience in complex commercial litigation, Diane’s practice spans a variety of legal areas including employment issues, trusts and estate litigation, and business torts. She has a background in negotiation and preparation of employee handbooks and separation agreements. Diane is a Florida Supreme Court certified civil mediator with extensive experience in both state and federal courts providing valuable insight in the art of negotiation.
- Jason Marks: Founding Member Jason Marks is an accomplished family law litigator with a unique ability to guide his clients with compassion and discretion. Jason represents high-net-worth and high-profile individuals in a variety of family law matters, including divorce, preparation of prenuptial agreements, child custody issues and paternity disputes. His goal is to help his clients protect their financial and personal interests and resolve matters smoothly and discreetly.
- Terri Meyers: Terri is a litigator who focuses on a broad range of complex commercial cases. She has been recognized for helping clients protect and defend their intellectual property rights, patents, trademarks, copyrights and a variety of legal issues relating to the fashion industry. Terri is also highly experienced in real estate and construction litigation, representing developers, contractors, owners and others in litigation involving major real estate developments and construction projects.
The Firm’s ADR attorneys will continue to represent clients as well as assist their colleagues as settlement facilitators in all facets of business and commercial disputes pending in state and federal courts before the American Arbitration Association, ICC International Court of Arbitration, and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
# # #
About Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine, P.L.
Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine, P.L. focuses on complex, high-stakes disputes across a broad range of disciplines and industries, including all aspects of business and corporate litigation; real estate and construction litigation; intellectual property litigation; employment litigation; securities and financial fraud; corporate governance; bankruptcy related litigation and debtor and creditor’s rights; appeals in state and federal courts; professional liability; intellectual property disputes; class actions; and complex matrimonial, probate and trust litigation. The firm’s veteran litigators have served as lead class counsel in federal multi-district litigation and trials in federal and state courts throughout the country. The firm has offices in Miami and Boca Raton. For more information, please visit www.klugerkaplan.com.